CCiS is very grateful to those who wish to fundraise. To protect CCiS and to protect those who support CCiS, if you wish to raise money in aid of CCiS you must agree to and comply with the
1. In these terms and conditions references to an activity includes all types of fundraising events and activities.
2. If you are organising an activity to raise money in aid of CCiS you agree to:-
2.1. Be responsible for all costs and expenses relating to the activity;
2.2. Be responsible for the safe conduct of the activity and take all steps necessary to protect the health and safety of activity participants and spectators, including carrying out all necessary risk assessments, providing all necessary safety equipment and the supervision of participants and spectators;
2.3. Obtain and maintain appropriate insurance for the activity, to cover, in particular, risk of injury or death to participants and spectators;
2.4. Comply with all applicable laws and regulations of any country in which the activity is to take place or be publicised, and obtain all necessary licences and consents, in relation to the conduct of the activity; and
2.5. Comply with all relevant Institute of Fundraising Codes of Practice.
The following provisions apply to all activities (whether organised by you, CCiS or someone else):-
3.1. Agree to ensure that you are eligible to take part in the activity in accordance with any criteria published by the activity organiser (eg minimum age, height/weight or health restrictions etc) and agree to comply with any safety guidelines or other activity rules;
3.2. Accept that the onus is on you to ascertain whether there are any risks associated with you taking part in the activity and confirm that you are not aware of any medical condition or impairment that may be detrimental to your health if you participate in the activity. If you become aware of any such medical condition or impairment you will withdraw from the activity. If you are in any doubt as to your physical ability to take part in the activity you must consult your doctor before arranging to take part;
3.3. Accept that you are taking part in and/or organising the activity on your own initiative and agree to participate in the activity entirely at your own risk; and
3.4. Agree that you will not hold CCiS, its officers, employees, volunteers or agents liable for any loss, injury, damage or costs that may result from the activity or your participation in it caused in any way other than through the negligence of CCiS. We recommend that you obtain personal accident insurance cover for any activity involving risk of injury.
4. If a claim is made against CCiS in relation to the activity (except where the activity has been organised by CCiS) or arising out of any breach by you of these terms and conditions, you agree to reimburse CCiS for any sums which CCiS pays as a result of that claim including, but not limited to, any associated legal or other costs and expenses.
5. You agree to make clear that you are raising funds in aid of CCiS and will not indicate or imply that you represent CCiS or that your activity is run by CCiS.
6. You must only use any sponsorship forms, posters, leaflets, badges or other CCiS materials provided to you by CCiS (whether in hard copy or electronic form) (“CCiS Materials”) in connection with the specific activities which you have notified CCiS of and in connection with which CCiS has authorised you to raise money in aid of CCiS. You must not use any CCiS Materials in connection with any other activities without first obtaining CCiS’s written approval.
7. CCiS provides pre-designed fundraising materials for you to fill in with your activity details and use to promote your activity. You must not use the CCiS name or logo nor any other CCiS images on materials created by you without CCiS’s prior approval.
8. You agree:-
8.1. To comply with any fundraising or other guidance issued to you by CCiS or made available on its website;
8.2. Not to take any costs relating to your activity out of funds raised unless:-
8.2.1. This has been agreed with CCiS; and
8.2.2. You have made this clear to sponsors and other donors before asking them to sponsor you/make a donation/buy a ticket etc.
9. If you send us any photos or video of your activity you agree that CCiS may (free of charge) publish or broadcast them to publicise the work of CCiS and to promote fundraising in aid of CCiS.
10. You agree that you will not do anything to harm CCiS’s good name and reputation
11. You must not use the CCiS name or logo nor any CCiS images to promote your business, products or services (nor that of anyone else) without separate approval from CCiS.
12. If requested to do so by CCiS, you agree to immediately stop fundraising in aid of CCiS and to then immediately:-
12.1. Return any funds you have raised in aid of CCiS to your sponsors or to any persons who have paid to take part in your planned activity (if the activity has not yet happened) and then immediately pay any money (not returned in this way) to CCiS; and
12.2. Stop using any CCiS Materials you still have and return them to CCiS (or destroy them if asked to do so by CCiS) and delete any electronic copies you have of CCiS Materials.
13. Please remember that you are not authorised to fundraise in aid of CCiS, until we have emailed or written to you to say that your registration has been accepted. In some cases we may first have to request further information before your application can be assessed.